Title: Brand Manager
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Overseeing and managing brand plans and activities.
Main responsibilities and duties
- To have a full in-depth understanding of your brand(s) in terms of:
- brand offerings for key audiences
- target audiences
- brand positioning and strategy
- brand look and feel.
- To maintain an understanding of the market and audience needs through:
- audience and customer research
- attendance at relevant conferences
- reviewing competitor publications/websites.
- To develop an annual plan for the brand(s) and drive delivery of marketing campaigns on time and on budget.
- To track brand KPIs, monitor success of campaigns and activities and make suggestions for improvements including ideas for brand development and marketing activities.
- To report on key brand initiatives and successes at weekly information meetings, management meetings and six monthly reporting at objectives meetings.
- To lead internal cross functional teams for each relevant brand to implement key brand activities and ensure consistency across all activities.
- To manage brand P&L and budget including tracking spend.
- Involvement in annual business planning process.
Critical Success Factors
- Achievement of business objectives within the agreed marketing strategy on time and on budget.
- Achievement of personal objectives to be agreed on a six-monthly basis.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Ability to solve problems and work to deadlines
Brand management (in the pharmaceutical industry would be advantageous)
Working in and leading cross functional teams