MGP Ltd is a specialist healthcare publisher based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, and our mission is Improving patients’ lives by promoting best practice in healthcare.
Under our titles (Guidelines, Guidelines in Practice, and Guidelines for Nurses), the Publications Team provides multimedia content that supports healthcare professionals with their delivery of high-quality patient care based on best-practice clinical guidance. If you have ≥4 years’ experience in medical publishing/communications or you are a healthcare professional looking for a change in career, then this could be your perfect role.
Reporting into the Editorial Director, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- overseeing the day-to-day development and publishing of high-quality content
- building and maintaining a network of key influencers
- commissioning or developing content in line with audience needs
- driving awareness of our titles with internal and external stakeholders
- working with the:
- Editorial Director to evolve and implement content strategy
- digital team to improve user experience
- sales and marketing team on marketing activities
- mentoring and development of junior editors.
Required skills and experience:
- Life science degree (or higher) with an understanding of disease area terminology
- ≥4 years’ experience in medical communications/publishing
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Excellent proofreading and subediting skills, and attention to detail
- Confident networker
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time-management, project-management, and organisational skills.
- Experience of both online and print publishing, including:
- use of content management systems and InDesign
- content management and development
- Previous line-management experience
- Knowledge of the ABPI Code of Practice.
If you would like to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org