An exciting opportunity to take a key role within this established Healthcare Publisher, based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire, as Head of Audience Development & Analytics.
MGP is looking for an ambitious Head of Department to manage our websites, content management systems, technical developments and audience databases. You will help us grow our digital audience and digital revenues globally, using a data-driven approach. We’re looking for a talented and experienced person to lead our audience development efforts and take analytics and data management capabilities to the next stage, driving audience acquisition, engagement and retention digitally.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will lead a small team responsible for the audience single customer view database, the company and healthcare professional facing websites, the Content Management Systems, data analytics, adherence to data regulations and driving the technical developments of the organisation.
You will be part of the senior management team of the company and in a position to make a direct impact on the growth of the business.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in a digital audience development and analytics role
- Experience in digital acquisition and engagement methods (social media, SEO, PPC, etc.)
- Knowledge of Excel and digital analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Broad understanding of the technical aspects of the web
- Awareness of data regulation, GDPR and data processing within the confines of the law
- Excellent team leadership skills with ability to prioritise objectives and simultaneous demands
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience within the healthcare media/publishing industry
- Experience of managing Content Management Systems
- Experience or awareness of data management platforms, consent management platforms, data manipulation and visualisation tools (eg: tableau)
- Familiarity with content subscription-based product models
- To inform and advise the senior management team of the company on all issues relating to audience development, data analytics and technical developments
- Profile healthcare professional audiences and identify company target audiences to grow, based on business objectives and market analysis
- Set audience growth goals and develop an acquisition and engagement strategy including but not limited to SEO, PPC, social media, email, print publication and website optimisation
- Manage and develop the company single customer view healthcare professional audience database
- Lead on the company data analytics, ensuring that the organisation is aware of current trends in the market
- Ensure adherence to GDPR, data and data processing regulations
- Lead on the company and healthcare publication websites, digital formats (eg: apps) and Content Management Systems
- Mine the data for critical customer/product insights that can inform business and marketing strategy
- Support internal and client marketing teams in defining KPIs and building dashboards to measure campaign effectiveness
- Support the Business Development Managers in their data analytic discussions with clients
- Work with the editorial team to enhance their social media capabilities
- Improve and maintain the quality of the data by setting up streamlined processes for data gathering and by managing our data hygiene, segmentation, classification and enrichment
- Establish centralised reporting providing ongoing visibility on audience growth/engagement for the database, websites and emails
This is an exciting opportunity to have a significant influence within a leading healthcare publisher.
Competitive salary, with a share of company profit & strong benefits.
If you would like to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org