MGP is an established multimedia publishing company based in Chesham, Buckinghamshire. We have been promoting best practice in healthcare for over 20 years through the development of educational content for healthcare professionals. Our brands include Guidelines, Guidelines in Practice, Guidelines for Nurses, and Specialised Commissioning.
Reporting to the Marketing Executive, this is a paid placement year that would suit an undergraduate looking for a placement, or a graduate looking to gain experience in marketing.
To support the delivery of marketing initiatives, aiding the implementation of brand plans, monitoring success and maintaining a high level of customer (internal and external) satisfaction.
Main responsibilities and duties
To assist defined marketing projects and initiatives with retained audiences and clients—including conference organisation, house advertisements, market research, social media and website content and brand planning —incorporating the following activities as applicable:
- External liaison: suppliers and partners
- Internal liaison: project management team, design, editorial, sales, production, web developer and accounts
- Delivery of projects in line with deadlines
- Creation of audience and client questionnaires
- Maintaining marketing plan
- Tracking spend and maintaining cost estimates
- Update and maintenance of sales materials
- Contribution to measurement of ROI and attribution modelling
- For conferences:
- working with partners to organise MGP attendance, promotion and organisation of events
- attending events as required
- Working with the design team to provide ongoing management of print and digital promotion including:
- Print and digital house advertisements, event stands and promotional items
- Providing support for the MGP website, promotional and social media channels, ensuring content and the look and feel of the website is up to date
- Maintaining the MGP App store descriptions, ensuring pages are optimised and up to date.
Critical Success Factors
Delivery of all project/programme activities on time, within budget and to client satisfaction.
Achievement of personal objectives as agreed.
Required skills and experience
- Excellent time-management, project-management, and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Digitally knowledgeable on social media platforms and the role they provide in B2B.
- Keen interest in the publishing/media sector
- Budgeting skills and analytical approach
- Keen interest in the pharmaceutical industry and science communication.
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Pension and healthcare schemes.
If you would like to apply please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org