MGP Ltd is a specialist healthcare publisher and medical education agency based in Buckinghamshire. Our mission is to Improving patients’ lives by promoting best practice in healthcare.
We are looking for someone with excellent proofreading and editing skills to join our project delivery team.
You will have the opportunity to work on a range of multimedia project types, including printed supplements and articles, videos, animations, webinars, and working party meetings of healthcare experts to agree new best practice clinical guidance.
The quality and accuracy of materials produced by MGP is of the utmost importance. The projects editor will be the in-house editorial lead on a variety of educational resources projects, some commissioned by pharmaceutical company clients and some funded through arm’s-length educational grants.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Proofreading all types of project at all stages to ensure accuracy of copy
- Copy editing, rewriting, and restructuring content as necessary for all types of project
- Writing copy: for example, author briefs, content of emails to the MGP audience of healthcare professionals
- Liaising with key opinion leaders in the healthcare industry to produce high quality content
- Working with freelance medical writers and facilitators
- Communicating with pharmaceutical company clients, working closely with MGP’s sales team and project managers
- Attending internal and client set-up meetings and teleconferences.
Essential skills and experience:
- Life science degree (or higher), with an understanding of disease area terminology
- Excellent proofreading and subediting skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management, project management, and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign (further training will be provided)
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience of medical communications or publishing
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and the ABPI Code of Practice
- Experience of using online content management systems (MGP uses Webvision and WordPress)
- Experience of using online approval systems (Zinc or Veeva Vault PromoMats)
If you would like to apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com